This is an analysis of the poem Asali [vi] that begins with:
Ene jeg sidder paa Grøftekanten,
Skjult under Hyldens duftende Hang,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XAXa XXXX XXXX XaXa XXXX XAXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101100 11010101 101111000 11101001 101101010 1011011 11111110 100011101 10111000 110101110 100101110 100101100 11011111 1111111 011111110 11111101 111001111 11011101 1100011 0111101 11101100 11010101 101111111 1001111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; r is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Asali [vi];
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.