This is an analysis of the poem Asali [iii] that begins with:
Naar Haabets Vinger allernærmest løfte
Mig mod den Himmel, som jeg higer til,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101001 1111011101 110111110 11011111 11111111 11111111111 1111111110 110110111 1111111111 11111101 11111101110 11111111111 11111111110 11011111 111110110 11111101 1101111111 111101111 111111101 1111101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 160
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; hun, mig, l are repeated.
The author used the same word kan at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Asali [iii];
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.