This is an analysis of the poem Til Frue Frederike Brun that begins with:
Hvilken Najas tør sin Skaal vel gyde
Ned i Heliconiaders Elv?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XaXa XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011111 11100001 101110101 100010101 101110101 1100100 10111101 1101000 101101010 1011011 1110111110 11101011 11101011111 11110010 11111011 101110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 135
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Til Frue Frederike Brun;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Jens Baggesen
- Analysis of Til Frøken J. M. Jessen
- Analysis of Til General-Krigscommissair Astrup
- Analysis of Til Generallieutenant Ernst Frederik V. Walterstorff, Kongelig Dansk Gesandt I Paris