This is an analysis of the poem Skilsmissen that begins with:
Snart hæves jeg til Lysets Sæde;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXX aXXXX abXXa aXb aXX aX ab aXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,3,3,2,2,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 1111101 110111 1101111 1101111 1 111111 11111111 1011111 11011010 1 1101101101 1111111 1111011101 110111 1 111111 11010111 1 111110 1101111 1 11111110 1 11011101 1 11010101 1111111111
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 83
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, meer, o, d are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word o is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word d at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Skilsmissen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.