This is an analysis of the poem Nanna that begins with:
Hvad blandt Himlens Fakler Aftenstiernen,
Hvad blandt Havets Perler Iriskiernen,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXa XXXXXX XXXXXaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,6,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101000 1110101000 111010111 111010111 11110101 11111111 111011010 101011000 1011111 11101001 1111011 1011111 1010001010 101111000 10110111 1010100100 1110110 11100100 1010111000 110111100 11101101 1011111 111000101 111011101 1011101000 1000100000 10001111 1111111 111010111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 348
- Average number of words per stanza: 59
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; hvad, blandt, hun are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words hvad, hun are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines d is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nanna;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.