This is an analysis of the poem Naar Levede Nanna? [dengang Mellem Alle Nære, Fierne] that begins with:
Dengang mellem alle nære, fierne
Himmellys i Nattens dybe Blaa...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XaXaX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,5,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1010111 10011011 10100011 10111011 10111100 101111 1110101000 1100101 101110100 1011001 111010100 10111011 10010010 10110110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Naar Levede Nanna? [dengang Mellem Alle Nære, Fierne];
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Jens Baggesen
- Analysis of Balders Veemod
- Analysis of Barne-Velkomst Til Den Lille Engel, Ove Malling Bang
- Analysis of Begeistringen