This is an analysis of the poem To Plath, To Sexton that begins with:
So what use was poetry
to a white empty house? ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbXaXbXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111100 001101 111 01010 1111 1111 111 11110 010101 01010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 205
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word it is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of To Plath, To Sexton;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.