This is an analysis of the poem La Chalupa, The Boat that begins with:
I am twenty,
drifting in la chalupa, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabbXbXccXbdad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1110 1001010 01110010 110 11101110 11001101 10101 1001001 1001001 100101 10101100 1111 01010010 11110001101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 405
- Average number of words per stanza: 73
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; there is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word there is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines mind is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of La Chalupa, The Boat;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.