This is an analysis of the poem La Chenille that begins with:
Un jour, causant entre eux, différents animaux
Louaient beaucoup le ver à soie....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010110100 110011 1101011101 110011111111 1011110 110101100110 110111011 110010110101 10111111 1011011010 1110110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 460
- Average number of words per stanza: 78
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; si is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of La Chenille;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Jean-Pierre Claris de Florian
- Analysis of La Brebis Et Le Chien
- Analysis of L'Aveugle Et Le Paralytique
- Analysis of Les Deux Bacheliers