This is an analysis of the poem Nénuphars that begins with:
Sous leurs feuilles glauques et lisses,
Les blancs nénuphars allemands...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111010110 1110100 101101100 1101110 0110110 10110010 11101100 1010100 111110 11110110 11111011 11010101 111011 11111110 11101110 11010110 1111110 1111111 11100111 11101 1110101 1101010 1111100 1110110 1111100 1111010 111111001 11110101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 134
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; et is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word les is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nénuphars;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.