This is an analysis of the poem Hymne À Vénus that begins with:
Vénus, ô volupté des mortels et des dieux !
Ame de tout ce qui respire,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 44,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110110111 1011110 110011111111 11001001100 11101101 11010111111 10111 101011111100 110100101110 111101011110 111000100 110111100100 1111101111110 101111 111110111111 1101010010 110100111010 1110101010 110011110100 11001110 11100011010 110011110111 111110100110 1111111010 110110100011 011110010 10011011110 101100011010 110101100010 1100111010 1101101101100 11111010110 1101011100 111011101100 1001101111 1011100 11011110 101110 111011010 1101000111 010110111100 11010011100 1110100 011010111110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1909
- Average number of words per stanza: 352
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; et, l, les, de, d, la, s, des are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word tout is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines tes, s are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hymne À Vénus;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.