This is an analysis of the poem Her Mission that begins with:
She is so winsome and so wise
She sways me at her will,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababCDCDDD eXeXdfdfXCDCDDD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,15,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110111 111100 11010001 110111 11110101 110101 01000101 111111 11 111111 01101101 110101 11010101 0111010 11010101 110101 11010101 010101 11110101 110101 01000101 111111 11 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 226
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; she, and, me, for are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words she, and are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines me is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Her Mission;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.