This is an analysis of the poem God's Warmth Is She that begins with:
O glad sun, creeping through the casement wide,
A million blossoms have you kissed since morn,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11110101001 0101011111 1111101111 1101010111 01101111101 0101010100 0101010101 0111111101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 181
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word this is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of God's Warmth Is She;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.