This is an analysis of the poem Finery that begins with:
In an elegant frock, trimm'd with beautiful lace,
And hair nicely curl'd, hanging over her face,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb aXcc ddee bbffXaaee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 011001101001 11101101001 11011001001 001101001001 101101001011 110011110110 11011101011 01001011001 101101101111 001011001011 11101011001 111111101111 11011001011 11011011011 11001001001 11011011011 11001011111 101011011001 100101011001 001011011011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 196
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; nor is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Finery;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.