This is an analysis of the poem See They Come, Post Haste From Thanet that begins with:
See they come, post haste from Thanet,
Lovely couple, side by side;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXabcbc dada eaea XfXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111010 1010111 110101010 0010001 10101111 1010101 10101111 1110101 10111010 1110101 10101010 1010101 11100011 1010101 10101111 01001101 00101010 1011111 11111010 1111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 169
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of See They Come, Post Haste From Thanet;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.