This is an analysis of the poem While The Musician Played that begins with:
O it was but a dream I had
While the musician played!--... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AAaABCBC ddddXeae fbfbgege ghghddddXAAaABCBC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110111 100101 11011101 110101 11010101 110101 110101001 110001 11010101 100101 110010101 1111001 1101010110 010101 11010101 110101 10111101 111101 11010101 110101 110101001 0111001 01011100 010101 01111101 010101 11010101 111101 11110101 010101 11101101 010011 10110111 100101 11011101 110101 11010101 110101 110101001 110001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 240
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, that are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of While The Musician Played;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.