This is an analysis of the poem Thoughts Fer The Discuraged Farmer that begins with:
The summer winds is sniffin' round the bloomin'
locus' trees;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaabccaaaaa bdedbffeeXee ccghhXeeee iccccajXjgkkXeecciidcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,12,10,22,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101010 101 101000100011101 11001010011110 1 11100110110111 0101011101110 1 1110101010111 101100101010011 10110010100110 11101010111010 1 11101110111 0101 11100010111010 1 11100011110101 101111111010101 111010001010101 10110110101010 1 101010101010101 100111101101 101001101101 10101010101010 1 01101010111100 110101010110 1 11010100010011 1011001110111 00111110101011 101011011111 1 101001101001 101111100010001 0101010110101 0010101011101 11 101010111111 101 01101010001010 1 101001001110001 1111110100011 01010101010101 11111110010001 11010111110101 1100110010011 1110101011101 101010101010101 10101010011111 11
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 464
- Average number of words per stanza: 91
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, up, theyr are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Thoughts Fer The Discuraged Farmer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.