This is an analysis of the poem Thinkin' Back that begins with:
I've ben thinkin' back, of late,
S'prisin'!--And I'm here to state... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbXacc ddeeffggeeeehhggbb ffggaa cciibbgggg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,18,6,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101 1010101 0010001 0110101 0110011 0110101 1011101 1111101 1010111 1010101 1011111 1110101 1111100 0110111 111111 1111101 1000001 0111101 11000101 1110101 1110101 0010111 1011101 1110111 1010111 1110111 1011101 1111111 10010111 0010101 0111101 1110101 1011101 0010111 1011111 1101101 1110101 0111111 1111101 1111101 1011111 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 316
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, still, they are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words of, still are repeated.
The author used the same word thinkin' at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Thinkin' Back;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.