This is an analysis of the poem The Wife-Blessed that begins with:
In youth he wrought, with eyes ablur,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X XaXaXa X bXbccb X dadXda
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,1,6,1,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 01110110 111101 01011100 010001 11011101 010101 1 11010101 1101100 11010101 010101 01010101 110001 1 11111101 1100101 11110101 1001110 01010111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 94
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, youth are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Wife-Blessed;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.