This is an analysis of the poem The Harp Of The Minstrel that begins with:
The harp of the minstrel has never a tone
As sad as the song in his bosom to-night,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXbXbc cdcdefef ghghabaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 01001011001 11101001001 101001001001 111001011010 11101001101 01001011001 101001001101 11001001001 01011001111 11001001101 101101111011 11001101011 01101101001 11101001101 101011011001 01101001101 11011101001 11001101001 11001001011 11001001001 101001011001 11101001001 101001001001 111001011010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 365
- Average number of words per stanza: 71
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; have, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Harp Of The Minstrel;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.