This is an analysis of the poem Nothin' To Say that begins with:
Nothin' to say, my daughter! Nothin' at all to say!
Gyrls that's in love, I've noticed, ginerly has their way!... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Aaaa bbaa ccaA ddaa eeaA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1001110101101 1101110100111 110010110101001 111111111110101 1111110101101 101011001100101 10101101011101 101111111011111001 111010101111001 11011111101101 1101011001111001 1001110101101 11100011011100111 1111111111101 11110010111011011 1111011011111001 10111001110101 1011010111110111 0101110111101 1001110101101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 246
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 61 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 12
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, like, about, you, and, i, yer are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The poet repeated the same word say at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nothin' To Say;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.