This is an analysis of the poem Lullaby that begins with:
The maple strews the embers of its leaves
O'er the laggard swallows nestled 'neath the eaves;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbb ccbbb ddbbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 0101010001 100101010101 10101010001101 101010101001101 01010101001 0101010101 00101010101 10101010111101 100101010111101 100101010111 1101110111 0101010101 11111010101101 11111011111101 11111011111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 241
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 47 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, baby are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, the, o'er, till are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines bye is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Lullaby;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.