This is an analysis of the poem Illileo that begins with:
Illileo, the moonlight seemed lost across the vales--
The stars but strewed the azure as an armor's scattered scales;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaX bbbb cccc dddd cccc aXaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 100011110101 011100101110101 01010101010101 111101010101000 1001000010101 011010101010101 11011100010101 1100010010111 1101100110101 101010100110101 1110101000010001 111101101011101 1001101011011 101010111111100 101010111010111 101011111111101 11011100110101 111011100110101 11110011010001 111001000100101 1001000011101 101010101110100 01100101110101 001111101010001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 234
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 58 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, i, should are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, and are repeated.
The author used the same word illileo at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Illileo;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.