This is an analysis of the poem Herr Weiser that begins with:
Herr Weiser--! Three-score-years-and-ten--,
A hale white rose of his country-men,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccaadd cceeffccaa gghicccXaa ccjjhikkkg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011011 011100101 010100101 110010101 110011111 1011100101 10100101 111100111 111101111 11100101 10110101 10010111 100110101 1010100101 100111101 10011101 11001111 0101001101 1011010111 0101101101 11000101 1010100111 01010100 01010111 1110100101 10100100101 101010111 010101100 1101101101 10011111 110100101 110100111 110100101 110101101 111100100 001111101 010100110 1110100100 1110100111 100100101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 380
- Average number of words per stanza: 72
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, and, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words as, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Herr Weiser;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.