This is an analysis of the poem Dream that begins with:
Because her eyes were far too deep
And holy for a laugh to leap... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccdX bbeeffdX bbeegXdX aaccggdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010111 11010101 01011101 01010101 01011101 010011101 010001001 01001101 01010101 01010111 010100111 01000100 01011101 11000110 11011101 01011101 01111101 01010001 11010101 01010001 11010101 01010100 11000101 01011101 01110001 11110011 11010101 11010001 01110111 01010111 01110101 01011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 277
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word because is repeated.
The author used the same word because at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dream;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.