This is an analysis of the poem Craqueodoom that begins with:
The Crankadox leaned o'er the edge of the moon
And wistfully gazed on the sea... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXbcbc XdXdXefe ghghdXdf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 010011001001 11001101 101000101001 001011011 01001001101 11001001 001001111001 001011001 01101101001 101011011 111010001001 101001001 101011101000 101101001 11001101001 01011001 01001101001 101011001 111011001001 001011011 101001111111 11101010 101001101001 001101001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 331
- Average number of words per stanza: 69
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, his, dub are repeated.
The author used the same word the at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Craqueodoom;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.