This is an analysis of the poem A Parting Guest that begins with:
What delightful hosts are they --
Life and Love! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXaXXaaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010111 111 10001101 11101101 1110101 1110100 1011001 1110111 1011111 101101010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 401
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Parting Guest;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.