This is an analysis of the poem A Liz Town Humorist that begins with:
Settin' round the stove, last night,
Down at Wess's store, was me... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccbaX XddXbbef XggheeeX efXbbbhbbh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,8,8,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1010111 111111 1110111 1111101 1010101 1110001 1111111 1010101 1100101 110111110 1000101 1111101 1110001 1010111 1000111 1011111 0110111 11011111 1111101 1110001 1110101 0010101 1111101 1010111 0101110 11011111 1111001 0111111 1110111 0010111 1111101 11011101 1111111 1100111 1111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 287
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 35
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, says are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of A Liz Town Humorist;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.