This is an analysis of the poem A Delicious Interruption that begins with:
All were quite gracious in their plaudits of
Bud's Fairy; but another stir above... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbbbccddeeXXbbcc XXffbbeecX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1011001100 1101010101 1101010101 11010001001 1101000101 0101011001 0100111101 0011111101 1101010111 1111011111 0110111111 1110111101 1110011101 11110010100 0101010111 11001010111 0101011101 1001000101 1101010101 0100010100 1101111001 110010101 1101010101 1011001100 111010111 1111010101 1111111001 11010111110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 602
- Average number of words per stanza: 108
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, turned are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of A Delicious Interruption;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.