This is an analysis of the poem The Glories Of Our Blood And State that begins with:
The glories of our blood and state
Are shadows, not substantial things;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccdd dedeaaff gbgbhhaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001111 11110101 10110011 11010111 1011 1101 10010101 00110111 11011101 11110111 11111111 11110101 1011 1101 111111001 11110101 01010111 11111101 01110101 11010101 1111 0011 10010001 11110011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 284
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Glories Of Our Blood And State;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.