This is an analysis of the poem Cease, Warring Thoughts that begins with:
Cease, warring thoughts, and let his brain
No more discord entertain,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaa bbX ccdd ddeeff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,4,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011101 1110101 1011101 11010111 1111101 1110100 111101001 10101011 11100101 1110001 1100100001 010010101 10010011 11000101 1001011111 1110010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cease, Warring Thoughts;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.