This is an analysis of the poem Remembered Music that begins with:
Thick-rushing, like an ocean vast... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a abaab cXXcd cdccX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 010 11011101 010011010 01110011 11110101 110001010 10110101 10110100 1100110 01010111 10010100 11101101 10010100 110011101 10111101 01010110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Remembered Music;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.