This is an analysis of the poem Lines Suggested By The Graves Of Two English Soldiers On The Concord Battle-Ground that begins with:
The same good blood that now refills
The dotard Orient's shrunken veins,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabcbc dedebebe cdcddede fefeacac agageheh gggggigiXcecegggg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011101 01010101 01110101 10010101 11010101 10010101 11010101 10010111 11011101 11010111 10010101 11010101 11110101 11111101 101010101 01000100 11010111 001010111 11011101 11110101 111101011 01010101 01010101 11010101 01110011 110100111 11010100 11010101 01010111 11110001 100010111 1000101001 11111101 10111101 110010100 11110111 11010101 111100101 11111111 11011101 11011111 01001101 11010111 11010111 01110111 100000101 10110101 11011101 11110011 11010111 10110101 11010001 11000101 010010101 11011111 11110111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 294
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 56
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; no, their are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, they, no are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lines Suggested By The Graves Of Two English Soldiers On The Concord Battle-Ground;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.