This is an analysis of the poem A Mood that begins with:
I go to the ridge in the forest
I haunted in days gone by,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbXbcbcb deddedefgfghfhXhcXch fbbfhhf eaXXaediidXjXj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,20,7,14,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110010010 1100111 11110010 11001011 1010010100 11100111 010010110 01100111 101000010 10101101 10010 101111 10010010 010110010 010111 110001010 111 1101010 100111 110010010 00101001 11010001 100001110 110101001 11011100 001101001 111101110 01011001 1100100010 101001011 011111110 101001 1101 01101010 10111 01101 0101010 111010010 1111111 110100 0101 1010100101 11001010 0101011 101101 101111 110101 011010110 01001011 11010110 100101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 394
- Average number of words per stanza: 71
- Amount of lines: 51
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, the are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Mood;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.