This is an analysis of the poem Meanwhile, In Another Part Of The War that begins with:
On the street of the concrete refugee tenements
That have collapsed into the smoking holes...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXdb bbbeeX cdbcdba bbX XdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,7,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1010010100100 1101000101 00101011011101 010011110010100 1001110111 11010101101 111100111011 011100101001 01010010010 011110000110 01111110 101000 0011110 10010101011 10101100011010 0101101111 10111011110 001010111 001000111001 1010111 10010010101 101011 10010111 01001101101 010100100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 213
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; heads, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Meanwhile, In Another Part Of The War;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.