This is an analysis of the poem The Power Of Steam that begins with:
We now do sing a new theme,
It is prodigious power of steam ;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd bXeeXccbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111011 000101001 1110111 1110101 01011111 0011111 1101001 11111111 11010001 11011101 1100110110 011001110 1110101 11101111 1110101 11010011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 133
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, he are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of The Power Of Steam;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.