This is an analysis of the poem Salford Parsonage that begins with:
Lines delivered at housewarming of Salford Parsonage.
Your pastor's fame first got abroad...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aaaabbcX ddeeeeff ggXahhiijjkkccjj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,8,8,16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101110010100 11011101 100111001 11011101 11000111 11010101 011101001 11100001010 011100110 001010010 111100010 11010001 10010111 01110010 01001010 110111001 11010101 11011101 01110101 10101000 1010101 11110101 110111001 01010101 11010101 11011101 10010101 1110110 11010110 11010111 01011001 11010011 11000001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 284
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Salford Parsonage;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.