This is an analysis of the poem Oxford Cheese Ode that begins with:
The ancient poets ne'er did dream
That Canada was land of cream,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbcc ccddcc eecccc ccaacc aaffcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010101 11001101 11010011 00110111 11010101 1111111 01011101 01010111 101010111 11010101 11010111 01001101 11110101 11010111 01011101 11010111 11110111 11110101 11110111 00100111 10010101 01011101 11110111 11011101 010001001 01011111 00010011 1010111 11001101 11010011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 211
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, it are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word to is repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word cheese at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Oxford Cheese Ode;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.