This is an analysis of the poem Lines On London that begins with:
They once in wilderness did ride
On beast with horn and shaggy hide-...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabXaX ccbbdd aaaaee
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010001 11011101 01011101 11010101 11110111 01111111 11010111 11010101 10110011 10010010 111100100 11101100 11001111 010011001 110010111 11110101 110011010 01000010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 200
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; their is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word for is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lines On London;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.