This is an analysis of the poem Lines On A Type Writer that begins with:
Having received a letter from a gentleman, done with a type writer,
and glorying in its superiority to the pen; we replied as follows :-...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aX abXb XbXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100101000100100110 11000100100001101110 11001110 1010101 110101100 1110111 1111100 11010101 01011001 00100101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 128
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Lines On A Type Writer;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.