This is an analysis of the poem Lines On A.B that begins with:
Who was expected to attend a Banquet given by the Odd fellows
in London nearly thirty years ago. Several of the London Brethern...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXa bbaXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100010101010110 0101010001100001010 01011010 1111010010001 010111111101 10010101111010 1101011011010 0110011111010 111111001011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 235
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; london, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Lines On A.B;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.