This is an analysis of the poem Burns And Scott that begins with:
Meeting of Burns and Scott in Edinburgh.
When Burns did make triumphant entry ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X aabbccddee ffggbbcccc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011101000 110101010 11001010 00100101 01110111 011110110 01011010 101001001 111000101 10110111 11010101 1110011 01001101 11010111 11011001 11110101 11011101 010010001 10011101 11010101 11010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 241
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Burns And Scott;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by James McIntyre
- Analysis of A Crooked Looking Glass
- Analysis of A Providential Escape
- Analysis of A Civic Holiday Trip