This is an analysis of the poem Adventure On A Raft that begins with:
The following adventure happened in the experience of an
Ingersoll man. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa X bbcXddeeddbbffddgg aaeehhcXiiffeebbjjaaccii
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,1,18,24,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01000101000010001 1001 110110110 01101010 11001010 110110101 11010101 11011001 11101101 10010101 1110101 0010101 01011101 010101010 11101010 10110101 101100101 1110101 1010111 11000111 11011001 11111001 11111001 11010111 11111101 11010011 1111111101 11111111 1001101 01010101 11010101 11110101 11011001 1011111 01010001 111001010 01101010 11010101 1011001 1010001 01010101 01110101 10011101 11010101 11111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 374
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 45
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he, ' are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words he, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Adventure On A Raft;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.