This is an analysis of the poem Winter Westerlies that begins with:
Leaning against the wind across the paddock ways
comes Dan home with forward stoop like a man bent and old,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXa cbbc deed aeea bffb agga
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 100101010101 1110101101111 10010111011101 11010001 111111110101 01110101011101 010101001110111 100001101 1001110010111 01010101100011 001101101010101 01110101 11010010101 110111110011 110111000101 10111001 0110110100101 01100100101101010 011101010111010 01110101 010101010101 11100101000101 101000110000101 01010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 203
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Winter Westerlies;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.