This is an analysis of the poem To R. K. that begins with:
As long I dwell on some stupendous
And tremendous (Heaven defend us!) ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaXXbcacadadaefefbgbg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 22,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111111010 101010011 11010110 1000100 10101010 10 01101010 1111001 00111110 1110001 10111010 1010011 10111010 1110101 11110010 0010101 10101010 0010101 11101010 1010101 10101010 1010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 746
- Average number of words per stanza: 114
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To R. K.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.