This is an analysis of the poem The Malefactor's Plea that begins with:
Of sentences that stir my bile,
Of phrases I detest,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaX cdcd bebe fbfX gbgX gdgd fefeXbbbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001111 010101 11011101 1001010 01101101 111111 010111001 101100 01100101 111101 10110101 110111 01101111 110101 11110111 1101100 11010101 010101 11010111 10001010 11011101 110101 11010110 011110 11010101 101001 11011100 100101 10010101 010011 10011101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 118
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he, it are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word of is repeated.
The author used the same word of at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Malefactor's Plea;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.