This is an analysis of the poem Song that begins with:
My love is in a light attire
Among the apple trees,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd efef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110001010 010101 101111010 010100 11011101 011111 11110100 011101 11010111 100101 11110101 010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 128
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by James Joyce
- Analysis of A Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man
- Analysis of Villanelle Of The Temptress
- Analysis of O, It Was Out By Donnycarney