This is an analysis of the poem Remonstrance that begins with:
Oh! why those narrow rules extol?
These but restrain from ill, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa bcbc Xded fgfg bgbg chchXbebe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 110101 11010101 110000 011111010 100101 0101110010 110101 010111000 010111 110100001 010101 111100001 001101 10011101 111101 01010111 1100101 11010101 010101 11010101 010101 01110101 1101001 01001101 011001 11011101 010011
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 127
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Remonstrance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.