This is an analysis of the poem A Boy's Song that begins with:
Where the pools are bright and deep,
Where the grey trout lies asleep, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabB ccbB ccbB ccbB bbddXbbbB
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011111 1011101 101011001 10111011 10101010 10111010 1010111 10111011 10101010 10111110 1010101 10111011 10101010 10111010 10100111 10111011 1011101 10110001 110101111 10111011 10111101 10110101 101011001 10111011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, where are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word where is repeated.
The author used the same word where at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word me at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Boy's Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.