This is an analysis of the poem Why, When Our Sun Shines Clearest that begins with:
Why, when our sun shines clearest,
Why, when our hopes seen nearest,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaabbbbb cccdeeed Xccfgggf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111110 1111110 1111110 100101 1011010 1101010 1011110 110101 1011010 1001010 1001010 100101 1111111 1011011 1101111 100101 1011010 1001110 1101110 111101 1111110 1111110 1101010 111011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 238
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; why, when, our, us are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word why is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines us is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Why, When Our Sun Shines Clearest;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.